Alyssa Lieberman's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Nov 14, 11

Every now and then a story comes along that touches your heart in an unforgettable way. “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” is such a story. When Eddie awakes in the afterlife, a place where your life is explained to you by five people, both known and unknown to you, he must revisit their connections to him on earth. Through these five individuals Albom explores the mysteries behind and seemingly meaningless life as he reveals the haunting secret behind the eternal question: What was my purpose in life?

As they read through the story readers are forced to wonder how Albom came to know the secrets of the world. Through the tale of Eddie’s life, or rather the tale of his death, Albom illustrates the interconnectedness of us all. He reminds us of what really matters, illuminates the anonymous Eddies of the world; the people whose lives mean so much more than they know, and explores the always questioned purpose of a person’s life. Albom writes with an overwhelming honesty and an unmatched beauty. Writers should strive to emulate the man who seems to have life and literature all figured out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.