Alexis's Reviews > The World of Winnie-the-Pooh

The World of Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from October 13 to 16, 2011

I loved, loved this series as a kid. It is amazing how many of these stories have crept into my vague memories. I've had a hardcover copy of the books since I was 20. I don't know if I re-read it then, but I just picked this up one night this week and started reading it.

I was delighted by the whimsical nature and the wordplay! There was so much wordplay that I didn't pick up on as a child. I love the stories and the dialogue and description and the rhythm and use of language in these stories. Someone could write a Thesis on the Use of Capitalization in Winnie the Pooh.

There's really nothing much to criticize, except that the characters sometimes act like jerks. But don't we all?

Please note that I have the copy with the original illustrations. None of that Disney Winnie the Pooh garbage for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World of Winnie-the-Pooh.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Aren't these wonderful books?? Read them over and over and over again to my son. We all enjoyed them very much, and still pick up from time to time. And yes, we have the original illustrations by E.H. Shepard. They are wonderful.