meg's Reviews > Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume

so i re-read this a couple of years ago, and i still loved it just as much. but they revised little bits in the text to update it! so weird. all that stuff about her getting her period? all the references to the BELT etc. are now gone. i remember that confusing me even back in the day (aka the 80s), but it's still odd to me to edit stuff like that. but they also slapped a new hideous live action preteen girl cover treatment on it too, so why stop there?!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lydia LaPutka I just re-read it and enjoyed it as much as you did. I had forgotten most of it so didn't realized the publishers had updated the content until I read your review! Makes sense though. I first read it in the late 70's and was confused then too.

Jennifer Nedbalek I re-read this from time to time. And that is the thing that bothers me the most, is the little "edits". Same as in the Fudge books, where certain things are "modernized". So, when I want to read the book and can't find my copy, I will go to the used bookstore to find an "original" copy as opposed to a new, revised edition. Because even though the belts were no longer around when I got mine (and I asked my mom about them, who was growing up in the 70s and said she didn't remember them) they are still important to me!