Desert Rose's Reviews > Trapped

Trapped by Jack Kilborn

619696
Oct 13, 11

Read from October 06 to 12, 2011

Trapped by Jack Kilborn (J.A. Konrath)

Year Published: 2010

My Rating: 5 stars

322 pages

I bought this book from Amazon when it was on offer for $.99 for the kindle edition a while back.

First of all I would like to say that their are 2 versions of this book and they are both included in this ebook version.
One is the edited/published edition and the other is the original/uncut version.

The differences between them are very important in my opinion, because what was left out in the original is what I was objecting on in the edited version.
The uncut was more original and believable. I loved it to pieces.
I just wish that the author will not listen to his editors and go on and publish his books as he writes them, because the original was amazing!!!

The story..
Six wayward teenagers and their court-appointed guardians Martin and Sara Randhurst went on a camping trip to an isolated island. Then when they were all around the campfire, Martin decided to tell a campfire story.. a SCARY one. A story that ends with Martin being dragged into the woods.. It was okay until Martin was dragged into the woods and didn't come back. Then Sara thought to go look after him with one of the kids.. When they didn't come back it started to get serious.

You will find that there are definitely things worse than death. When torture and pain is so horrific that they wish that life would just simply end so that the pain will just stop.
A mixture of cannibals, a crazy doctor and some evil subjects make a great mix in this story..
Full of surprises and flashbacks into each characters background to give you a feel for all the characters and to make you understand what they are doing and why.

This is the most disturbing book I have ever read. It really made me queasy.. It was that believable!!

To read the spoilers and what really bothered me check it on my blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trapped.