Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > Here Comes Trouble

F_50x66
Oct 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011-audio-books, 2011-nonfiction
Read in October, 2011

Here comes Trouble: Stories from my Life, by Michael Moore, Narrated by Michael Moore, Produced by Hachette Audio, Downloaded from Audible.com.

I’ve been a fan of Moore’s since “Roger and me” so I enjoyed this book very much-many laugh-out-loud moments! This book is Moore's most personal to date. A sort of anti-memoir, Moore breaks the autobiographical mode while he hilariously presents 20 far-ranging, irreverant vignettes from his own life. These vignettes range from being stuck on the Senate elevator with Bobby Kennedy to being inside the Bitburg cemetery witnessing President Ronald Reagan putting a memorial wreath on the graves of WW II Nazis. While reluctantly attending Boys State, he impulsively entered a contest for the best speech sponsored by the Elks Club. The speech he wrote was the first step toward the eventual changing of racial discrimination laws practiced by private clubs who also received federal tax exemptions. Because he witnessed the cruelty of his school assistant principal, he ran for and was elected to the school board when he turned 18-the first year 18-year-olds were able to vote and run for office. In that role, one of his first actions was to get that principal fired. We learn about his time at the Catholic seminary in highschool when he thought he wanted to become a priest. Moore is his own best narrator for this audio book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here Comes Trouble.