Lisa's Reviews > Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders

Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi

4020044
Oct 13, 2011

Read in December, 2007

I am so crazy I can remember almost exactly when I read this. It was either November or December of 2007.

I think it's 4 stars, maybe 4 and a half. I did love it but I think my only problem with it was I wanted to know more about the case. I know the author wrote this huge book about his personal involvement with the case(he was the prosecutor in the Manson trials)

I guess I really wanted to know everything about what happened in that cult. Something about the Manson family has always intrigued me. It's like no matter how much I know about it, it's never enough. It always seems like a huge mystery to me. I always wonder what those girls went through and how they went from "misunderstood" teenage girls(hippies, even) to murderers.

This book was great and it did give me a lot of information. It creeped me out and was so well written.

The only thing that kept me from giving it the full five stars was that I was left craving more information.

But yeah, I recommend it.

Oh! There is a movie coming out called "Martha Marcy May Marlene". It's not about the Manson family but it seems to about a similar cult(the leader is a Charles Manson type). It looks so creepy and I have no idea when it comes out but I saw the preview and I'm dying.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Helter Skelter.

message 1: by Flannery (new)

Flannery I saw that preview and was like, "what.the hell. is going. on?" But it looks pretty interesting, I agree:)

Lisa I knowww. It looks like it's going to be a really good movie and I read somewhere that the director was fascinated by the Manson family when he was younger. It looks super creepy but I want to see it!