Erik Graff's Reviews > One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

bookshelves: art
Recommended to Erik by: Lajla Stousland
Recommended for: children
Read in August, 1961, read count: 1

Dad's mother, Lajla, was as generous with my little brother, Fin Einar, as she had been with me, buying both of us many books when we were children. In the case of this book, it came as part of some mail-order offer, Fin receiving a package with a new offering each month or so. Not all of these cheaply-made hardcovers were by Dr. Seuss, but those that were by him were the only ones I could read aloud again and again without getting insufferably bored.

Now, many years later, I have another little friend, Jack Gregory, recently turned three, the son of friends. He's not as literary as Fin was at that age, there being too many other kinds of distraction about him, but I can get him to settle down with a book occasionally. As with Fin, I try to get him to agree to Dr. Seuss and, when successful, find some considerable pleasure in the recollection of earlier times. Indeed, the first book that I ever felt was really given to me rather than just "handed down" was Seuss' Cat in the Hat.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.