Allison's Reviews > I Should Have Renamed This

I Should Have Renamed This by Jarod Kintz

F_50x66
Oct 12, 11

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Should Have Renamed This.

Quotes Allison Liked

“To Do Today, 1/17/08
1. Sit and think
2. Reach enlightenment
3. Feed the cats”

Jarod Kintz
“If you only had 48 hours left to live, would you spend it like you normally spend your weekends? If not, why spend 2/7th of your life wasting your free time? After all, free time isn’t free. Free time is the most expensive time you have, because nobody pays for it but you. But that also makes it the most valuable time you have, as you alone stand to reap the profits from spending it wisely.”

Jarod Kintz
“I’m reminded of Orville Tethington, inventor of the world’s first steam-powered fog machine. He’s also the guy who, after the Germans invented the flame thrower in WWI, decided to counteract it with his own creation, the candle thrower. The candle thrower was only battle tested once, and after fifteen minutes the war zone was littered with lit candles. Upon returning home after the war, some of the soldiers suffered such extreme and bizarre cases of PTSD that anytime a civilian lit a match or used their lighter, the soldiers would hit the ground and start singing “Happy Birthday.”