Christina's Reviews > Reached

Reached by Ally Condie

May 16, 12

bookshelves: genre-dystopian, to-read, ban-11-20-12

Red cover to match the tablet theme. Liking the idea and looking forward to how the bubble will be portrayed this time.
Update: I like the fact that she is standing, but why not facing forward? Would have preferred it if she was looking at us with her head down. :/ The bubble still looks awesome though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reached.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annalise (new) - added it

Annalise Hunt i would have liked it too but i think it may have something with her turning away from the society,walking away and ignoring their rules. Thats what i think but it could be something completely different.

message 2: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina I'm still not sure if I like the metaphor though. It's just not as "eye-catching" as it could have been.
Just my opinion.

message 3: by Annalise (new) - added it

Annalise Hunt yeah i would have thought that she would have had her facing us facedown or something and it would be more appealing but i guess the other books were the ones to appeal to you because you really have to read them first.Just another one of my veiws.

message 4: by Me (new) - rated it 4 stars

Me Omg I never thought of it as the tablet theme! Haha it makes perfect sense! Coolio!
Thx

Krista A lot of people, including myself, don't really like it when faces are shown on book covers. It kind of ruins the picture of the character that each person creates in their head. I think that might be a reason that they didn't show her face. Or maybe the author thought the model's face didn't look enough like how she imagined Cassia.

message 6: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina Completely understand the point of creating a self image for each of the character since I do that as well. Just felt a little disjointed when all the covers where facing forward, but an unclear face.