Emily's Reviews > Tell Me Lies

Jan 10, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, reviewed
Read in November, 2008

The book is about a woman Maddie, who has lived in a small town all her life and has always been the good girl around town. Her life is turned upside down though one summer afternoon when she and her daughter are cleaning out her husband's car. Maddie find black crotch less panties and she now has more decisions to make in her life. Instead of being able to just leave her husband, he disappears, there are rumors around town about her husband and his business, she is finding stock piles of cash all over, and her secret crush from high school just showed up and is determined she is going to be his this time. As it all falls apart around Maddie and she tries to put it together again, take care of her daughter, and choose who she wants to be whether it is something for herself or for the town she has always chosen for in the past.

Well written, but I just couldn't get into this book. It was ok and had some very descriptive sex scenes living up to the romance category it fits well into. I don't know, ok to read but wasn't amazing in my opinion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell Me Lies.