Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > The Search for Artemis

The Search for Artemis by P.D. Griffith

Feb 09, 12

bookshelves: kindle, review-on-blog
Read from October 12 to November 17, 2011

This is one of those books that I knew I was going to like based on the description. I love superpowers, and when you throw in some mystery and a dash of mythology, I was hooked! The Search for Artemis reminded me of X-men mixed with the Disney movie, Sky High. It is a super fun adventure, and I loved every minute of it.

The story starts out with a bang. Literally. I was feeling so bad for Landon, it was not easy for him in the beginning. But once he gets to "school", it really starts to get good. From then on I could not put the book down. You meet so many people for me the biggest part was trying to figure out who I liked and could trust and who I couldn't trust. It wasn't always so easy, and I was thrown for a few loops. For most of the book it is pretty hard to tell who the "bad" guys are. And honestly, I'm not even 100% sure that I even know yet. Time, and hopefully book 2, will tell.

Landon is a really great main character. He is really powerful, but not overbearing. Likable without being annoying. Overall, I really enjoyed him. He is someone I can really see myself rooting for.
Artemis is elusive at best. I loved the mythological names. I am a mythology nerd, so any reference to it in books is a big plus for me. I really liked that it took a good portion of the book to get some answers. And what I liked even more, is that some things are still left unanswered. It gives me something to look forward to in the next book.

The Search for Artemis is well written, well thought out and a joy to read. This book picks you up and takes you on a journey. P.D. Griffith did such a great job and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search for Artemis.