Laurie's Reviews > Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories

Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Sto... by Kelly Link

Oct 12, 2011

Read in October, 2011

I’m not sure why this anthology is listed as Young Adult, because other than a lot of the characters being young, there is nothing juvenile about it. The stories are varied in setting; some actually step outside of the standard Victorian England setting that steampunk usually is set in- one is even set in ancient Rome. Fourteen well known authors provide us with tales of airships, mechanical men and oracles, time twisting technology, ghosts, geothermal drilling and a lot more. Some, I admit, didn’t really seem like steampunk, but they were very good stories- just not perhaps the stories for this anthology.

Most anthologies are very uneven and I end up being bored by some of the stories and downright hate a couple. This one, though, held my interest throughout; there is not one story in it that I disliked. If you have any interest in steampunk literature- or even a love of fantasy- get this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories.