Jeannelle's Reviews > From the Memoirs of a Non-Enemy Combatant

From the Memoirs of a Non-Enemy Combatant by Alex Gilvarry

F_50x66
Oct 15, 11

Read from October 12 to 15, 2011

"Boyet Hernandez is a small man with a big American dream when he arrives in New York in 2002, fresh out of design school in Manila. But on the brink of fame and fortune, there comes instead a knock on the door in the middle of the night: the flamboyant ex-Catholic is swept to Gitmo, administered a Koran, and locked away indefinitely to discover his link to a terrorist plot. Now from his six-by-eight-foot cell, Boy prepares for the trial of his life with this intimate confession, even as his belief in American justice begins to erode.

I loved all the references to people from the fashion industry, current politicians and real life issues. It's exciting to me to read a fiction novel that ties itself to real life facts - I like a plausible story. Boyet is a character that you can easily feel an attachment to, he's someone you want to succeed.

I won this book from goodreads and I really enjoyed reading it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From the Memoirs of a Non-Enemy Combatant.

10/13/2011 page 64
20.0% "Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them. - Coco Chanel"
show 3 hidden updates…