Todd Russell's Reviews > Raise the Titanic!

Raise the Titanic! by Clive Cussler

5198301
Oct 12, 2011

bookshelves: thriller
Read from October 12 to November 02, 2011

When I was younger I enjoyed reading the James Bond books and Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt is sort of like James Bond in the Navy. He's got the attitude and charisma with the ladies anyway. Raise the Titanic is an exciting read for fans of the Titanic. The story is written to happen in 1988 but was actually written in the 70s.

There is valuable material buried in a vault inside the Titanic that the United States wants and spends hundreds of millions to have a team of specialists led by NUMA man Dirk Pitt raise the Titanic. Meanwhile, the Russians smell something is up and try to intervene.

What makes this story thrilling to me wasn't only the action scenes but the detailed description of how they plan to raise the Titanic. There are several interesting chapters on the techniques and Cussler weaves this information in with a love story and some conflicts between a few characters. Those like me who enjoy the alluring history of the Titanic and thrillers at sea will enjoy this read.

More Dirk Pitt!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raise the Titanic!.

10/17/2011
10/31/2011
35.0% "Pitt has been approached to take on the assignment of raising the Titanic!"
11/01/2011