Nikki's Reviews > The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared

The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma

Oct 12, 11

Read in October, 2011

As a language arts/reading teacher I felt this was a must read title. Now that I've finished it I can say that it is also a must read title for any parent. This book with give you moments of laughter, sadness, and joy, as well as trips down memory lane! My husband and I have read to our daughter nearly every night of her life, starting before she was even born, and now she is reading with us and to us. We filled her Bookit chart for school tonight, doubling the teacher set goal of only 4 books for the month, and she was literally doing summersaults in the living room because she was so excited to read more books! This book certainly gives anyone who is considering stoping family reading time, or read aloud time in schools a wake up call. I read aloud Jane Yolen's Encounter to my classes today, and to see the engaged expressions on the faces of 8th graders is priceless. I will always make time to read aloud, not only to my daughter, but to my students as well. This is my reading promise!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reading Promise.