Dillon Skinner's Reviews > Spanking Shakespeare

Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner

U 50x66
Oct 12, 2011

Read in October, 2011

The book Spanking Shakespeare was the funniest book that I have ever read! I really enjoyed reading this book because it was very funny. This was one of the only books I have ever wanted to keep reading. I was not boring, and I was laughing a lot in the middle of class when it was quite. I recommend this book to somone who likes to laugh and jokes around.

I think that the reason Jake Wizner wrote this book is because his high school life was very similar to Shakespears high shool life. Jake's style of writing is to be funny at times while making a point and he also writes seriously at times to. I also think he wrote this book to make boys and girls in highschool laugh and read a story with a meaning.

The theme of this book was to show that no matter how bad life is, you can always make it better. Shakespear Shapiro is a highschool boy who is strugling to get reconized by everyone in school, espically the girls. He lives with his mother who is very conscious on what other people think. So when her kids get into trouble in public, she freaks out. His dad is a laid back person who understands most of his sons life. Most of the time he laughs at Shakespears misfortune. His brother is a Sophmore who is much more popular than his Senior brother. Gandhi (Shakespears brother) has a girl friend and is very popular. Shakespear often finds himself asking his younger brother for advice on girls. The style of this book was a narration because it explained the events in order that they happened. Instead of having chapters, it had months. Like a journal.

My opinion of this book was that it is good for somone who likes to read funny books and likes to hear of other peoples akward sitiuations. The thing that I liked the most about this book was that he just has one bad thing happening after another, and it almost was always a bad outcome. Thing thing that I disliked about this book was that it was almost 300 pages. I like books in the 150-200 page range. If I could change one thing about this book I would change the size of Shakespears family, from 4 to 6 to create more tention. Him and his brother would often fight with words or physicaly. This book isnt similar to any other books that I have read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spanking Shakespeare.

message 1: by Alex (new)