Susan's Reviews > Monster Story

Monster Story by McCarty Griffin

Oct 12, 11

Read in September, 2011

Christy McCauley has returned to West Virginia at last, but her homecoming quickly turns into a surreal nightmare. In the deep hollows and woods of rural Augusta County, something unspeakable is slaughtering people in the dark of night. Authorities don't know if its human or animal, or how to stop it. Christy and her friends only know they must hunt it and destroy it, before it kills again.

My Review:
The action starts pretty much from the beginning of the book and continues all the way through. Clues are pretty easy to follow, and I figured out pretty quickly who the “Monster” was. Even though I could predict most of the story as I read along, I must confess that the ending was different than I expected. The author, McCarty Griffin, keeps the pages turning throughout the story and keeps the reader interested in what will happen in each chapter til the very end. I personally enjoyed reading the book, but was a bit let down with the ending. I felt it could have been done a bit better, but as I’m not a writer myself – I’m not sure how exactly that “better” could have been accomplished. Overall I give this a solid 4 out of 5. Great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster Story.