Sherie Davis's Reviews > Undercurrent

F 50x66
Oct 21, 2011

liked it
Read in October, 2011

Ok, I loved the first book in this series and I knew with how it left off that I wouldn't like the second as much because you could just tell it was going to be trouble for Simon and Vanessa. I can only hope the third book brings it around. I felt like the pacing in this book was really slow and the action there at the end was predictable and not particularly clear while also being anti-climactic. I guess you could argue the first book pacing was similar but that's the part of the story where you're first introduced to this alternate world so it makes sense. I guess I would have liked to see a little more action paced throughout and maybe a higher plot to relationship drama ratio. Having said that I continue to love the characters she created. I love that Simon especially is unique and that he's a thoughtful person. There at the end where he asks for space it's a really well reasoned reaction to how she treated him and I think it's important that characters grow and experience the consequences of their actions. So I really like that aspect of the authors story telling. I don't want the review to sound all bad. I'm sure I'll mind it all less once I've read the third book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undercurrent.