Tracey, librarian on strike's Reviews > Telling Lies for Fun & Profit

841949
Dec 28, 13

bookshelves: writing, non-fiction, no-longer-owned
Read from November 22 to 26, 2011

I have reviewed this book; the review can be found here, on Booklikes, and here, on my blog. (also, go check out Leafmarks - it's going to be terrific.) However, I will no longer be posting reviews on Goodreads, due to its recent changes to terms of service and, far worse, the boneheaded and incomprehensible way it is proceeding with the new policy. Deleting content, almost randomly, and without warning (whatever they may have said) is wrong, and a half-hearted apology later doesn't make it all better. Failing to provide a sitewide announcement is wrong. Failing to address users' very legitimate concern over the situation is wrong.

I'm not going to leave GR while I have good friends remaining here, but I will no longer perform librarian functions, nor will I post anything but links for reviews.

I will also be posting the gist of this message on my blog, on LibraryThing, on Booklikes, and anywhere else I can think of. And when I review for Netgalley from now on I will state that I no longer post reviews on GR, and why.

It may not affect the situation here – but people still don't know what's going on (because Goodreads isn't telling them). In good conscience I can't do anything less.

My friends list will be seeing some version of this message a lot over the next days and weeks. Sorry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Telling Lies for Fun & Profit.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan Schwent I really liked the chapter about avoiding writing, too. Of all the writing books I own, this one is my favorite.