Mayla's Reviews > Before I Die

May 21, 08

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: everyone!
Read in December, 2007

This book is one of the most touching and honest books i have ever read. It is a story told by a teenage girl - 15 years old Tessa. She was diagnosed with cancer and after about 4 years, she finally is let go by life. This book talks about her dreams and her long list that makes up the things that she wants to do before she dies. She is a very brave teenage girl who embraces the true meaning of life and finds love. She brings her parents back together, bonds with her brother, and really gets to know her best friend. With the strength she is given from her loved ones, she is able to learn the true meaning of life, to not waste it.

Though this book is terribly sad to read, it inspires its readers to get a hold of life and cherish life. The author also adds humor into the character's personality to keep the reader's attention. There are probably many situations much like this story in the world. The author, Jenny Downham does a classic job of writing this book in the point of view about a girl who's slowly dying. She creates a voice of the character, making the reader feel what she's feeling.

Greatest book ever. I recommend it to everyone! You wouldn't get bored or regret reading it. One of my favorites!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Die.