Jenn Thorson's Reviews > Good Omens

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett

Mar 18, 13

Read from November 05, 2012 to March 18, 2013

Ah, Terry Pratchett has a unique knack for adding likable characters where you expect none would lurk. I enjoyed the bulk of this audiobook very much. Interesting intersecting plots, a quirky take on the whole Heaven and Hell gig and, as mentioned before, fun, likable characters.

My only complaint is the sense that the end came building, building, building to a giant crescendo... and thennnnnn...didn't quite pay off for me. I actually thought I had missed a track on a disc somewhere. Now, this could fully-well be my fault because 1.) it's an audiobook and I listen while driving and 2.) I am driving, and while I don't QUITE drive like a demon from hell (even a nice-ish one), I do occasionally need time to curse the flaming nether-regions of my fellow drivers. It is possible that I missed something at one of the important points due to necessary shouting. But this is not necessarily the case.

Anyway, overall, very engaging, and I hope to share an Apocalypse with Mr. Pratchett again sometime in the future.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Omens.

11/26/2012 "My second-hand audiobook appears to have issues I wasn't aware of. It's a shame, too, because I was really into it. Will have to give it a go on a different player. But I do love an audiobook commute to work."

Nonamedufus I loved this book, Jenn. Very funny. The footnotes are especially amusing.

Jenn Thorson Nonamedufus wrote: "I loved this book, Jenn. Very funny. The footnotes are especially amusing."

Thanks for the heads-up, Dufus! It's on my audiobook list after I finish Jasper Fforde's "Something Rotten." I'm about three discs away. :)

Nonamedufus I wonder how they deal with footnotes in an audio book? Interesting.

Jenn Thorson In Fforde's book, I noticed the narrator actually said "Footnote." And then read it.

In Terry Pratchett's "Mort," the narrator just ran the dialogue right into the footnote, so it was like a very-long aside.

This one, I will have to wait and see. :)