Nicolas Robles's Reviews > The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka

6121960
Oct 12, 11

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs is a great read. It is the story of "The Three Little Pigs" from the Big Bad Wolf's perspective. I love how the wolf downplays his role as the villian. I think this would be great read to introduce different perspectives and points-of-view to students. I would read this book to first, second, and third graders. I think that children would enjoy this story because the wolf is a silly character. I think that students will perceive the wolf as silly because he downplays his role as a villian and pulls it off so he looks like the innocent one. The illustrations in this book were interesting because they did not contain a lot of color. I think this contributed to the fact that is an older story.

This book was an easy choice because i heard the original story of the three little pigs growing up and also it helps that we recently read this in class. The wolf is telling the story and how he is wrongly accused of being bad, once they know the details they would understand. He explains in the story that all he wanted was some sugar so that he could make some cookies but he had a really bad sneeze that he couldn't get rid of. the pictures have a lot of detail in them but but they are not very brightly colored. it gives the book a more sophisticated look and a little more peaceful which is what the wolf wants you to think he is. For an activity they could build three different houses each one stronger than the next and see if they can blow it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs.