Clinton's Reviews > Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine

Glenn Beck's Common Sense by Glenn Beck

Oct 12, 2011

bookshelves: non-fiction, political
Read in October, 2009

Glenn Beck’s Common Sense is an abstract version of Thomas Paine’s Common Sense. The book will probably never provoke any historical significance sighting any oppressive or tyrant acts of the current government as did Thomas Paine’s edition. However, Glenn Beck’s edition has some merit concerning our current government, yet it is far from erupting into a widespread public outcry for a revolution when considering two completely different political systems. Respectfully, the tax code and the financial obligations guaranteed by the federal government are issues of great concern.
Otherwise, even though Beck urges an American Revolution through our minds and hearts rather than our muskets, Beck’s argument into the incremental course to tyranny is a feeble argument at best, and it creates the most delusional propaganda particularly his opinion on the Progressive Movement, and he fails to bring any remedies to these issues. Most of the book entails constant fear mongering exercised through extreme Libertarian ideology.
Clichés are apparently part of the everyday vocabulary of Beck because the book is filled. The notion of God Given Rights is the biggest cliché known to man. Also, he is fascinated and nostalgic with living the same principles of our founding fathers. Overall, it is a short and easy read, and for some reason, I felt compelled to finish this indoctrination of lavish lies and flimflam.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glenn Beck's Common Sense.