Coranne's Reviews > Torrent

3520669
Jan 04, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2011

What else can I say about these books that I didn't say for Waterfall? This series is hands down the best series I have read in 2011. I have never been so entrapped by a historical fiction series before. They were phenomonal! The characters were believable and felt full. Even though there were so many characters to get to know- I really felt like I "got to know" them.

I don't consider myself someone who likes to research history- especially plagues. This series made me do some legwork, trying to find out more about what was going to happen to the characters. It was pretty amazing to learn so many details of history through a fiction novel.

Man did the time travel make my head hurt. In the third book, Gabi and Lia save their father by going back in time (but really forward since they are in the 1300s?) to save him before he dies. This made my head hurt in all sorts of ways- what happened to the Lia and Gabi at that point? Wouldn't that have changed whether they found the cave in the first place? As you can see- I had to stop this line of questioning pretty quickly to save myself from a headache. (I am so glad I was not the author who had to sort all this out!)

The action scenes were fierce and the love scenes were emotional and beautiful. I could absolutely see this series as a movie- I wish I could see this series as a movie. It would be intense and absolutely stunning.

Do your self a favor and pick this series up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torrent.