Kate's Reviews > Perfect

Oct 12, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in October, 2011

Went to Barnes and Noble this morning and ended up reading this book while sipping my Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (good, but the Salted Caramel Mocha is better). I didn't realize until I was reading that Perfect is a follow up to Impulse, and here again you have lots of teens under pressure. I much preferred the girls story's, while the boys seemed a bit boring. I really didn't like how the rape was dealt with, but at least it was realistic- a lot of rapes don't get reported and it did offer an interesting he said/she said view point. I would have preferred to hear more about Cara- I thought her story of coming to grips with the fact she was a lesbian was the best part of the book, but a lot of her struggle seemed to happen to fast. I was more interested in Jenna's story than her sister Kendra's anorexia battle. I really enjoy Ellen Hopkin's writing style, but this go around I just wasn't as impressed with her characters- they seemed very stereo-typical and it lacked some of the tension that Impulse had. Still, there's something to be said about an almost 600 page book that I was able to read in one sitting at the Barnes & Noble cafe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect.