Red Lace's Reviews > A Little Push

A Little Push by Jennifer Steen

Aug 01, 14

bookshelves: received-for-review, jennifer-steen, short-stories
Recommended for: fans of good short stories
Read on October 12, 2011, read count: 1

In this short story, we accompany Jess, a wife and mother of three. It’s a Friday morning and her day doesn’t start off well and unfortunately doesn’t get any better when things just don’t go her way.

Whoa, I’m glad I was asked by the lovely author to read and review this story and ‘Rain Plays Barefoot’. Jennifer Steen writes perfectly—each character you can connect and identify with as their problems are what most people face in their own lives. I was locked onto this story until the very end and one thing is obvious; Jennifer is going places.

While reading, my heart went out to all the struggling families and most of all—moms. I don’t know what it’s like to be a mother and the stress of keeping a family safe and sound, but I admire the mothers that keep it together almost perfectly.

There's no flaws I can pick at because I just didn't find any. Period.

I want to be like Jess, when everything seems to be crumbling around me; I want to find happiness and strength in such a little thing. I read this was inspired by true events and I want to applaud Jennifer for being inspirational herself and writing such a great story.