Valia Lind's Reviews > Defiance

Defiance by C.J. Redwine

Aug 08, 12

Read on April 04, 2012

This book is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Will post a full review soon! :-)

Reviewed at http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com (review full of gifs)

I read this book in March. I was the lucky winner of the first ever ARC and I couldn't wait to read it. The story sounds so amazing and I couldn't wait to hear what happens.
So now I’m writing a review of Defiance. Oh My Goodness!!!!

I devoured this book. *Jumps up and down in happiness* It's soooo good! A total win!

Thank you for sharing my enthusiasm! :)
(Sorry, I just had to take a moment and freak out a little bit. )
Rachel is so broken and real and powerful. I loved reading her struggle to keep herself from losing all that she is and discovering what makes her the kind of person she needs and wants to be. C.J. describes her journey very well. I loved the action scenes! She's definitely kick butt kind of a girl!

Logan is *swoons* *faints* *passes out from awesome*
LOGAN!!!! (by the way, I adore that name).
I’m sorry I just can’t help myself. His voice is so raw and beautiful! I loved his character, his mind, his everything.
Their relationship is officially one of my favorites.

Sometimes I feel there are too many "love at first sight" "omw he's so cute, I just met him but he's my soulmate" kind of relationships. Not that I don’t appreciate those once in a while, but Rachel and Logan are not prince and princess, they're real, powerful, blow your mind characters that have the chemistry that will pull you in and won’t let you go.
The world C.J. created is full of beautiful real people struggling to survive. They live behind walls, protecting themselves not only from the harsh rulers but the creatures threatening to destroy their existence. The story is full of twists and turns, and characters who will grip your heart and leave you breathless.
This book comes out September of 2012 and I can’t wait for you all to read it! I’ll definitely be reposting this review closer to the release date just so you can ooh and aww over it and run and buy the book!

So Many Emotions!!! I can't handle it!!!!
Much love,
Valia

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defiance.