Tracy's Reviews > Dreams of the Ringed Vale

Dreams of the Ringed Vale by Robert Fanney

F 50x66
May 14, 08

bookshelves: fantasy, imaginary-worlds, elves, dragons, faeries, werewolves, amazing-story
Recommended for: People who love a wonderful story

I stumbled upon this book entirely by accident. I was searching for blogs about elves and I read a wonderful rant by the author about people who discriminate against elves. I've met people like that and I think they're pretty silly. So I was intrigued by the writer and I ordered his book.

What I discovered was something extraordinary. The world of Luthiel's Song is a beautiful as it is original. The characters and stories are very compelling to me. I say stories because, even though the main character is Luthiel, each of the supporting characters has enough depth to have their own book written about them.

The adventure takes you along a path that is very difficult to predict and I found myself surprised by every twist and turn in this amazing journey.

One thing for readers to note -- this is the first book in the series. So it doesn't wrap up perfectly at the end. Quite the contrary, it sets the stage deliciously for the second volume in the series leaving the reader with a lot to imagine and anticipate. I admired the writer for his bravery in writing the ending in such a way. There's so much pressure these days to have everything wrap up, Disney-like, in a perfect little package. Well this story will leave you wanting and hoping for more. I am certain the final end of the Luthiel's Song series will be all the more satisfying for it!

Definitely a story for those who want to enter a new world and have their imaginations stimulated. I loved Luthiel's Song so much this is now my new favorite book. Hopefully, you will share my experience!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of the Ringed Vale.