Rebecca's Reviews > Evermore

Oct 12, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: library
Read in September, 2011

My little sister recommended this book to me telling me “ you have to read it.” I know a lot of other people love this series so I thought sure I’ll give it a try. As I read I couldn’t help but think more than once… have I read this before, even though I knew I hadn’t. Evermore follows the YA paranormal formula with a few twist. But I guess I should say that other books have followed Evermore considering it was published in 2009. If you're wondering, that is after Twilight.

Ever is a beautiful girl but she only has two friends because she’s scared to get close to anyone. When she touches anyone she sees what is really happening in their life. I actually liked Ever. Ever came across as a real teenager who’s still morning the loss of her family, well except for one member of her family. Ever’s sister came back as a ghost after the car accident and as Ever can see ghosts, this works out great for Ever. Riley, Ever’s sister is my favorite character in Evermore. Riley lightens the mood and is the typical little sister with the exception of not being alive. I enjoyed the interaction and banter between Riley and Ever. I wish I could say the same about Ever’s friends or even her love interest.

Ever only has two friends and you know the old saying, "with friends like these who needs enemies?" Well that’s how I felt about them. They were so self absorbed they weren’t real friends at all.

This is normally the part of the review were I gush about the amazing male lead. The wonderful love interest that I am super jealous of. Let me tell you now I would never want anything to do with Damen Auguste. Hot or not the immortal creeped me out. Even though I like Ever, I still think she is stupid for choosing to be with Damen. As an immortal, it’s hard to continue to love the same person for such a long time just ask Damen’s wife, oops you can’t. She’s dead. I wonder who killed her or why she died? I bet you can guess.

I really wanted to get into this series but it’s just not for me, but I can see how a lot of people eat this book up. I read Evermore in a day. I will not be reading the next in the series, though.

Happy Reading,
Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.