Basinda's Reviews > The Body Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your Immunity

The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates

U_50x66
Oct 12, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading

I have been following this book for about 2 months, it is saving my life, yes I believe that, I am over 400lbs and please! I have been through about every diet there is, worked with nutritionist , Doctor, health groups, OA(a great group who have helped me as well)I thought I was a hypochondriac because I had all these things going on in my body.
after the initial flu like symptoms of the first week, I woke up one day and noticed ...my arms were thinner, oh and so is my face.. wow....it is working! do you know what? I was in tears because finally finally someone took time to take a scientific approach to this problem and it makes sense! I do not want to ever change back, I do not miss the cake cookies and pizzas, I eat fresh foods and love them. love the fermented veggies as well.
I must of made 100 mistakes on this diet because I had not read it closely enough, I was so excited and off and running.
It is o.k I am getting there, baby steps you know?
Listen if you are blessed enough to get this book in your hands, my advice is start slow, it's o.k, it will be a bit overwhelming if you try to take it in all at once, baby steps.
realize you are letting go of how you lived up till now you are healing your body, getting all that inflammation down in your gut and reestablishing your natural balance.
It may not be everyones cup of tea, but if I could I would like to see everyone living by it's principles, we would all be healthier. I have been longwinded here so let me say if you are still reading , try at first to make a list of things you CAN eat, chicken, fish, fresh veggies,eggs. add to the list once you find another item that is o.k and you will just be fine. I am not offended by the endorsements for the products at all, I think she has lovingly made it easier for us to make these things if we do not want to make them ourselves. so what if she profits, she should, she put a lot of time and energy into helping all of us live better. God bless her and all of you. The Body of Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your Immunity

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Ecology Diet.