~Tina~'s Reviews > The Future of Us

bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult, arc, read-2011, time-travel
Read on October 31, 2011

Fun, fun, fun!
Cute, cute, cute!

The Future of Us has a really neat time travel concept that people should get a real kick out of, specially if you have facebook. This was pretty creative and so much fun that I lost myself completely, reading this in just a span of a few hours. Unputdownable.

Josh and Emma are so adorable. Life long friends who drifted apart since one wanted more then the other, but when Emma gets her first computer and Josh brings over AOL things are put into motion that neither of them would have ever expected.
I love time travel books, and while I'm not sure this is considered one in the more traditional sense, I'm still calling it that since Josh and Emma get snip-its of what their lives will be like fifteen years from now.

I loved Josh and thought he was just a great, kind and sweet person. I loved how he acted like a guy once he found out who he was marrying. So cute!! Emma was a good character as well, but she was very frustrating. She became obsessed and mean about her future. She does't know what she wants and doesn't seem like a very happy person. This one thing she did to Josh was a pretty low-blow and I was annoyed that she never even said sorry, but I liked what she tried to do for her best friend and she turned out to be better as the story went on.
The only thing I really didn't care for were Josh's parents. They kinda were just there and I didn't find them necessary to the story-line.

Bottom line, this was a really fun experience and it was the perfect book after reading something heavy like Froi. It was light and easy and simply a really sweet read!

Thanks Arlene for sending it out and Alexa for sharing this one.
I had a blast reading this!:)
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Future of Us.

message 1: by Nomes (new)

Nomes fab review. i love the premise of this one :)

i agree you would need something light and fun after froi :)

Giselle Awesome review! I loved his other novel 13 Reasons Why so I'm really looking forward to this one. Glad it's another good one :)

Crystal Great review! I loved this one too!

Arlene Yay! Glad you enjoyed this one. :) It was definitely a fun read. :D

~Tina~ Thanks guys! This was very enjoyable and I love love love all the comments in it! Haha!!

Giselle, I've never read 13 Reasons Why but that doesn't look like a me book:( I think you'd really like this one:)

Alexa Great review; glad you liked it! :D It was definitely cute. :)

~Tina~ Thanks again for sharing it Alexa! I'll ship it back to you on Thursday:)