Faye's Reviews > The Mage in Black

The Mage in Black
(Sabina Kane 2)
October 8, 2011

5 stars

When I first started this series, I am very satisfied with the first book but my, my, this series keeps getting better and better. I remember that I had a very exhausting day at school what with finals coming up, thesis to polish, and tons of other things that I wouldn’t want to complain about since I might wore anyone who will read this out, so what I wanted to say was I finished this in one reading though I finished at around 2:30 in the morning so I was very groggy when I went to school.

My point again, is that it is really, really good! I haven’t had this much fun in a book for a while. This series keeps on reminding me about Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampire series, which I do love too. Merit has lots of characteristics that are similar to Sabina Kane, like the drama issues with family; if Merit has that to her dad, Sabina certainly had it bad with her grandmama, that evil Domina. Ha-ha. Sorry, can’t keep but comment on her.

I also remember the feelings I felt on reading this book, and let me tell you that there are very few books that can elicit such a strong feeling to me; and I do feel such a great animosity to Sabina’s grandmother and also I quite enjoyed Sabina’s drama issues, her looking for herself when things in her perfectly, what-should-I-say, dictated world, yep, that’s the right word, what with her being an assassin for the Domina, then finding out that all her life she was just being used by the only family she knew, then it turns out that she has another family, a twin sister no less who has been trying to locate her.

I wouldn’t go on all the details since I don’t want to spoil it for others but this I feel that I have to say, this is a very compelling series that will keep you wide-awake even in the middle of the night rethinking about how fast you can read enough so you would know all the glorious details. Ciao!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mage in Black.