Misty's Reviews > Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia

Oct 23, 11

bookshelves: recieved-for-review, own
Read from October 12 to 16, 2011

If you haven't read the first two books then there be spoilers ahoy

I'll start by saying I really loved the first book in this series 'Beautiful creatures' and, aside from the first 100 pages, I loved the second book 'Beautiful darkness' so I feel bad admitting I felt slightly disappointed with this third installment, but I can't figure out why to be honest, I think maybe it's because now that we're up the third book I expected it to pick up the pace a little, perhaps have a little more action, this one just felt very 'same' to the others, the story is still fresh, it's more the formula of the book that felt the same. I did enjoy the book and I liked the story but I wasn't excited by it, I found that I could put it down and go to sleep at bed time, something I couldn't do with the first two.

I still love Ethan though, I've read a few books with male leads now and he's still my favourite, and I don't mean because he's hot, he's way to young for me lol but he's a natural southern gentleman and he's just so caring and good to Lena, they're also one of my favourite lit couples.

I also really loved Link is this one, I've always enjoyed his friendship with Ethan but he's really starting to come out as his own character now and he's also really funny.

So, to conclude, whilst I wasn't glued to this one I did enjoy it and the ending was killer! I'm excited for the next book in The Caster chronicles and hopeful that the pace will pick up.

Favourite quotes

'The hallway in front of them as an ex-siren and a quarter incubus conquered Jackson High. I wondered what Amma would have to say about that.
Sweet baby in a manger. Heaven help us all.' - Ethan

'I had always hoped things would change in my town, until they started changing. Now I wanted Gatlin to go back to the boring town I'd known all my life. The way things were when I hated the way things were. Back when I could see things coming, and nothing ever came.
I didn't want to see this.' - Ethan

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Chaos.

10/13/2011 page 92
10/15/2011 page 352
100.0% "I'm not finished, the page numbers are wrong! lol"
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Wee Shubba's World nice review. I'm really enjoying this book but its not as good as book 1.

Misty Thanks. Yeah the first ones still my favourite :)

Brielle I ate this book up! Maybe it's the age difference. I really hope that they continue this series. They just can't leave me hanging like this, can they?