Tasmia's Reviews > Royal Weddings

Royal Weddings by Stephanie Laurens

Oct 11, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, 2011, genre-romance-2011, romance-anthologies-and-novellas
Read in October, 2011

Three very short but relatively well-written romances. Chase's story was the best suited to the compact format, although I think I definitely would've enjoyed it as a full-length book. The resolution of the misunderstanding between the betrothed couple was (just barely) believable in the two-day timeframe of the story, but certainly the development of that misunderstanding, and of their romance, could have been deliciously elaborated if Chase had so chosen. The story-let is really very well-written, though, and delivers a satisfying dose of Chase's usual wit and lively style. Laurens' story of a woman unexpectedly reconnected with a past potential-but-not-quite flame was pleasing, though the hero and heroine were each annoying at times. Foley's story of the miscommunicating married couple features one of my favourite setups, but it was difficult to really care about the characters, let alone appreciate the trouble in their marriage, in such a short length. I did appreciate that the hero had a career to transfer his angst onto; it made him very human without negating his appeal as a romantic hero. None of the stories really have anything to do with royal weddings, but even if this anthology only came about so the publishers could capitalize on the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, I am glad for the chance to read new offerings from these writers :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royal Weddings.