Blak Rayne's Reviews > This Night's Everything

This Night's Everything by Akira Minazuki

Oct 11, 11

Read in October, 2011 — I own a copy

I liked the blurb and the cover image is fairly proportionate; I found the faded, water colour look to be rather attractive. And to be honest, I wasn't disappointed with the story either. Akira Minazuki has written other yaoi and I may be tempted to try another. This artist seems to prefer a more romantic story line from what I can gather and, though I hate to admit it, as I get older, I seem to find the romance increasingly pleasurable to read.

One of the central characters, Nanao, is a bodyguard/assassin who's sarcastic and doesn't take his job too seriously. He follows orders and that's about it. Enter the new trainee, Aoi, who is much younger and very attractive. Nanao is placed in charge of Aoi. They work for an organization called 'The Shiki Association' and protect a powerful public figure, they also do this man's bidding, right or wrong. It's kind of a strange plot, but as the story progresses you see why the author did this. Aoi has a past and a vengeful heart. Where Nanao falls for his trainee and ends up putting his life on the line to safeguard Aoi. The story does thicken and there's twist. Akira has this unique drawing style, a trademark quality with the artistry that makes the manga beautiful and easy to distinguish from others in the field. The sex isn't explicit, more gentle with a passionate feel. If you're looking for non-stop action or hot, steamy YEAH BABY sex, you'd best find another book to read. Overall this yaoi is pretty basic and gives you the, aww that was nice feeling, but still worth a look. In light of the sex appeal, plot, characters and artistry I'm giving This Night's Everything 3.8!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Night's Everything.