Patrick's Reviews > The New Teen Titans Omnibus, Vol. 1

The New Teen Titans Omnibus, Vol. 1 by Marv Wolfman

Jun 02, 13

bookshelves: comics, read-in-2011
Read in October, 2011

This is a really enjoyable collection of the first third of Marv Wolfman and George Perez's run on New Teen Titans. First off, let me talk for a moment about the art. Perez's art looks great on the slightly larger pages of this omnibus format. While not as detailed as his art today, it is still a lot of fun to look at.

I own quite a few of the "omnibus" books in my collection, and there are ones that can be read in one sitting. Those don't really feel like a omnibus. This one is not one of those. 24 issues. 24-26 pages each of pre-2000s decompressed writing for the trade story-lines. Reading some of the issues in this book really made we think about how much value we get from our average comic today.

Oh yeah, the stories are pretty good too. You have your getting the team together, the growing pains, the fighting the enemy they were gathered together to fight. And then that's when the book starts getting really good. There is lots of time devoted to just who these characters are, why they do what try do, why they act how they act, and so on.

If you get the chance, you could do a lot worse then spending several hours with The New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New Teen Titans Omnibus, Vol. 1.