Michelle♥'s Reviews > Blindsighted

it was ok
bookshelves: library, goodreads-recommended
Read from October 18 to 20, 2011

Meh.

That pretty much sums it up. There was a lot of gruesome crimes in this book for such a small town.

I had guessed who the bad guy was from the get-go, but still, the whole book just was a "meh" feeling to it.

This was the first book that I've read that goodreads had recommended to me. It was recommended to me because I highly rated The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. So far, I'm not impressed by their recommendations.

I have another recommendation from them that I am planning on picking up next, so maybe that will be better....

But about this book, it was just too much sexual violence in it for me to be intrigued. (It was like Law & Order Special Victims Unit, where everyone gets raped and abused and just sick. I hate that verison of Law & Order because it makes me feel sick and just creeps me out.) I was too grossed out and I felt like I was the one getting the abuse. Instead of being inside the killers head, you were constantly forced to feel the fear and all the other emotions of the victims.

Too many characters and too many side stories in this. I understand, now, that this was a series book, but while I was reading it, I didn't know that tid bit of information. So it explains why Slaughter went into such detail in the backgrounds of everyone, but to be honest, I couldn't care less about EVERYONE'S background, just the main characters. The ending was really an ending for this book, but there was stuff left unanswered.

Bottom line: I won't be picking up the next one in the series. And I'm not too happy with this recommendation. This book was too gruesome and sexually violent for me.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blindsighted.

10/18/2011 page 165
10/18/2011 page 174
54.0% "I'm not really in love with this one. Goodreads recommendations have not been that good...anyone else finding that out too?"
show 2 hidden updates…