Elizabeth's Reviews > True Believer

True Believer by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 14, 11

Read from October 11 to 14, 2011

I recently bought all the Nicholas Sparks books, because I love love stories. I had previously read like three or four of his books and LOVED them. So, after doing eenie-meenie-minie-moe, I landed on this one. I had read a couple reviews of the book before I started, and it said it started out slow. I completely agree. It's not that I was bored, it's just that I really wanted to get to the romance part of the novel. I really liked Lexie, but my favorite character was for sure Jeremy. There was just something I really liked about him.

Although this book got mostly negative reviews (at least of what I saw on goodreads), I don't know why. I do have to admit, the book was pretty predictable. But what my friend Tina Rae had told me when I told her that, is that she said most romance novels are predictable. And I guess I have to agree with that. I could normally tell what would happen next, but that didn't make it a bad book. I still enjoyed reading about Lexie and Jeremy very much.

Also, throughout the whole book, I kept thinking "Could this be made into a movie?" I know Nicholas Sparks' books are made into movies often, so I kept thinking.. "I wonder if this will turn into a movie." And honestly, I don't think it could. I feel like there wasn't enough drama or information about everything to make it into a movie. I felt like the other books I had read by him would be able to make it into a movie and some already have.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the book. I read it pretty quickly with the amount of time I have, because I'm so busy all the time. Whenever I got the chance, I would read some more. It was a great book, just like all of other Sparks'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Believer.

10/11/2011 page 31