life's a fairy tale's Reviews > Flutter

Flutter by Amanda Hocking

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012

This was by far the best book in the series thus far. There's finally drama and a ton of action! Plus, Peter and Jack are a little more defined on their own so you can *finally* be "team someone," although in my opinion I still find it difficult to root for one over the other.

I realized my issue with not loving the series is that everything seems rushed. One sentence Bobby is dying, and the next he's suddenly better. That really bothered me.

I think there needed to be more development all around (character and plot wise). Aside from the occassional comment about a character's eye color {which would be Peter's green eyes!}, I really couldn't really tell you what they looked like. I knew what music they were listening to at a given time, I sort of knew what clothes they wore {Jack wears Dickies... all the time, I get it}, and I definitely knew the type of cars they drove, but that's about it. The details and depth I needed weren't there.

I know there's another book out there (Wisdom), but I can't seem to find it for kindle like I have for the first three, plus I've heard the book after Wisdom has sort of been put on hold. For now, I think this is a good place for me to stop with this series. When the other two books become available I MAY rethink moving forward, but as I just didn't fall in love with any aspect of it, I'm pretty okay with leaving as is.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flutter.