Loves To Dive's Reviews > Legend of Witchtrot Road

Legend of Witchtrot Road by E.J. Stevens

F_50x66
Oct 17, 11

Read in October, 2011

In this, the third book of the Spirit Guide Series, Yuki and company have their hands full. They are trying to solve the death of one of their fellow students, Cal is dealing with his ongoing responsibilities of pack alpha, Emma is acting weird and doesn’t seem to have her head fully in the game, a new member joins the pack and he and Simon are not getting along, all the while they are all dealing with the usual teenage problems at school and learning to live with their own abilities.

Wow, what an action packed book this was, Ms. Stevens masterfully leads us down the road of solving mysteries, young love, high school drama and things that go bump in the night with humor and more than a little suspense. Yuki continues to grow into her abilities, learning more and more how to deal with her “gift” and gaining a few new abilities as well. I love hearing how her mind works, she is growing into quite the mature young lady and I feel so proud of her. Yuki and Call’s relationship is still going strong; they are both handling the growing adult feelings they are having for each other with a rare maturity. Cal is such a great guy, he tempers his very adult responsibilities as alpha to his pack with his own brand of playfulness and humor in his other day to day life. If I were a teenage girl I would have such a crush on him. Emma seems to be dealing with some issues she is not ready to admit to yet, and watching her was both fun and painful at the same time. And Simon, well what can be said about Simon, such a sexy, naughty, mysterious, sexy, strong guy. I do have a crush on him, I can’t help it, and I like the bad boy. As usual, there are a number of supporting characters that keep the story flowing well, some we love, some not so much.

This book was a little darker than the previous two, the kids are growing up and their lives are getting more complicated. Because this book is darker, it made a great read for this time of year. There is a great mystery to be solved, and I have to say, it kept me going through the entire book. There are some really nasty moments dealing with the mean guys from the high school team and I was so proud of how Yuki handled herself. This series just keeps getting better and better, the basics from the beginning are still there, Yuki’s favorite expression is still Son of a Dung Beetle, Cal can still raise one eyebrow, Emma is still a committed vegan, and Simon is still a pain in the rear on occasion. While written as a YA book, I don’t hesitate to recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good paranormal/mystery/romance filled with humor and great characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend of Witchtrot Road.