Laura Cushing's Reviews > Mr. Monk in Trouble

Mr. Monk in Trouble by Lee Goldberg

Oct 28, 11

Read from October 11 to 20, 2011

This solid offering in the Monk series has Mr. Monk and his intrepid assistant Natalie traveling to a California gold mining town called Trouble to investigate the murder of a former San Fransisco cop. While there, they discover the story of one of Monk's ancestors - Artemis Monk, an assayer and meticulous murder solver of the gold rush era. They also discover the mystery of a train robbery that's never been solved. Mr. Monk, never one to leave anything unsolved, sets about solving both cases. I loved that the book included the diary of Artemis Monk's assistant, so the reader got to enjoy essentially two mystery stories in one. Well done. I'm looking forward to the next Monk story. Recommended for Monk fans and mystery fans alike.

Note! This is my 50th book read and reviewed this year. And this is the second time I've had to adjust my Goodreads reading goal. I'd originally started out thinking I'd read 40 books in a year, then upped it to 50. Now I'm going to see if I can make it to 60 before the year ends.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Monk in Trouble.