L-D's Reviews > Force of Law

Force of Law by Jez Morrow

Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: recommended-to-me, bikers-motorcycles, m-m, novella, romance
Recommended to L-D by: Fiona Goodman
Read in October, 2011

I labeled this book as a novella because it was less than 100 pages. Even though it was short, the book and the characters were well developed. This book is essentially a contemporary romance, with no plot to be thickened or mysteries to be solved. It's a straight up courtship and it was hot and sweet at the same time.

Tom Russell is an auto mechanic that was dumped by his lover Wells Campbell a year ago, left without a word or backwards glance. While working at the jiffy lube, a nasty Lamborghini Diablo comes into the garage bay and Well's "odious cousin Lawrence" appears looking "Big, powerful, sleek, sexy, dangerous", and "Evil". Law breaks the news that Wells is getting married and he wants Tom to go as his date. Wanting some closure, Tom agrees.

Law is the epitome of the Alpha male - huge, powerful, rich, CEO - he just burst to life in the pages of this book and basically took over without apology. I liked Tom's personality. He was dumped by Wells but he never affected a broken or woe-is-me attitude. He was strong and doesn't look back with any coulda, shoulda, wouldas. I appreciated the lack of angst in this book.

I did have a tiny niggle to mention. After seeing Wells again, Tom notes to himself that his ex isn't aging well and I had to snicker because it's only been a year. How much can someone slide in only a year? The observation was more amusing than anything, but it definitely showcased the well-known truth that everyone gets a vicious delight in looking better than their ex! ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Force of Law.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jenn cinderfella, alpha romance. I liked this too.

message 2: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D Awesome - two recommendations. Buying it now with my 60% off fictionwise coupon!!

Jenn haha, I realize I'm just going around to all your "add"s and saying yeah I like this one too. But, its rare to find someone that hasn't read so many of my favorites. :)

message 4: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D I know! I just started reading M/M like a couple of months ago. Thank goodness for Goodreads. If not for this site I would never know about this genre, wouldn't get good recommendations, and wouldn't have anyone to discuss it with. I try to tell my "real life" friends about this genre and they just look at me like I'm either a perv or a crazy person.

Jenn Lan-Dinh wrote: "I know! I just started reading M/M like a couple of months ago. Thank goodness for Goodreads. If not for this site I would never know about this genre, wouldn't get good recommendations, and wou..."

lol me too with the friends. I love the discussions like we had for D&C. Those are the best!

Fiona Goodman We crazy perv's have to stick together!

message 7: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D haha - so true!

Lara Crazy pervs. I love that Fiona! Yeah, pretty sure that's what my real life friends think of me. I'm sure they die at some of my reviews. Still trying to convert a few of them though!

Fiona Goodman Well, after a certain age you just don't give a f**k as much anymore! Anyway, they really don't know what they're missing! LOL!