Celeste's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Feb 06, 12

bookshelves: in-possession-of, can-t-get-enough-of, need-the-sequel, need-to-review
Read from January 14 to February 06, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.

Quotes Celeste Liked

Marissa Meyer
“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”

Marissa Meyer
“Soon, the whole world would be searching for her -Linh Cinder.
A deformed cyborg with a missing foot.
A Lunar with a stolen identity.
A mechanic with no one to run to, nowhere to go.
But they will be looking for a ghost.”

Marissa Meyer
“He was the fantasy of every girl in the country. He was so far out of realm, her world, that she should have stopped thinking about him the second the door had closed. Should stop thinking about him immediately. Should never think about him again, except maybe as a client - and her prince.
And yet, the memory of his fingers against her skin refused to fade.”

Marissa Meyer
“Kai cleared his throat. Stood straighter. "I assume you are going to the ball?"
"I-I don't know. I mean, no. No, I'm sorry, I'm not going to the ball."
Kai drew back, confused. "Oh well... but... maybe you would change your mind? Because I am, you know."
"The prince."
"Not bragging," he said quickly. "Just a fact.”

Marissa Meyer
“Imagine there was a cure, but finding it would cost you everything. It would completely ruin your life. What would you do?”

Marissa Meyer
“Do your kind even know what love is? Can you feel anything at all, or is it just... programmed?”

Marissa Meyer
“When Kai fell silent, she risked a glance at him. He was staring at her hands [which she always holds mechanic gloves over to hide her...you know, cyborg hands]...
"Do you ever take those off?" he asked.
"No."
Kai tilted his head, peering at her as if he could see right through to the metal plate in her head..."I think you should go to the ball with me."
She clutched her fingers..."Stars," she muttered. "Didn't you already asked me that?"
"I'm hoping for a more favorable answer this time and I seem to be getting more desperate by the minute."
"How charming."
Kai's lips twitched. "Please?"
"Why?"
"Why not?"
"I mean, why me?"
Kai hooked his thumbs on his pockets. "So if my escape hover breaks down, I'll have someone to fix it?”

Marissa Meyer
“He wouldn't even dance with Levana at the stupid ball if he could help it—to hell with diplomacy.”

Marissa Meyer
“The queen's eyes smouldered. "I know my own kind when I see them, and right now there is one in these city walls." She pointed a finger toward the balcony."I want her found and brought to me."

"Right," said Kai,"that'll be no problem in a city of two and a half million people. Let me just go dig out my special Lunar detector, and I'll get right on that.”
tags: funny