Suzanne's Reviews > The Mill on the Floss

The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot

Nov 04, 11

bookshelves: c19, british, read-2011
Read from October 11 to 31, 2011 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mill on the Floss.

10/11/2011 page 41
7.0% ""What novelty is worth that sweet monotony where everything is known, and *loved* because it is known?"" 1 comment
10/14/2011 page 100
17.0% ""Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love""
10/17/2011 page 152
26.0% ""And there is no better reason for preferring this elderberry bush than that it stirs an early memory--that it is no novelty in my life, speaking to me merely through my present sensibilities to form and colour, but the long companion of my existence, that wove itself into my joys when joys were vivid.""
10/24/2011 page 332
58.0% ""I'm determined to read no more books where the blond-haired women carry away all the happiness. [...] If you could give me some story, now, where the dark woman triumphs, it would restore the balance.""
10/25/2011 page 416
72.0% ""there is no feeling, perhaps, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music""
10/25/2011 page 440
76.0% ""does not a supreme poet blend light and sound into one, calling darkness mute, and light eloquent?""
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Nabahe Is this book any good so far

Suzanne It's quite good. I like prose and heroines with spunk.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Nabahe lol me too