Jasmine Hawamdeh's Reviews > Bifocal

U_50x66
Nov 07, 11

bookshelves: oct-reads
Read from October 11 to 22, 2011

This book starts off quite confusing but you catch on; this book is by two authors that I really look up to so why wouldn't I pick up this book!? It starts with two boys and you get introduced to them by thinking what they are thinking. The chapters alternate between characters. Jake and Haroon.
Jake is a "typical white boy". He gets decent grades, is on the football team and is pretty popular but nothing un-ordinary. Haroon is a Muslim boy whose parents originated from Afghanistan. Is really smart and is on a "Reach to the Top" team (a quiz like show team). When a alleged terrorist is at there school, Haroon starts to get a bit off attention from the local authorities. And things at there school are not the same. In their minds they are completely different but they are more like each other then they think.
I finished this book because it is quite suspenseful, not only that but the idea of discrimination always seems to concern me.
I think every kid should read this book because you will get inspired by the doings of Jake and the courage of Haroon. And it will interest you the amount of discrimination that goes on in this book's high school.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bifocal.