Niki Clinger's Reviews > Dead to the World

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Oct 11, 11

bookshelves: guilty-pleasures
Read in September, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Oh. My. God. This series keeps getting better and better! I knew I loved Eric before, but WOW!

First off, I was highly disappointed to see that Alcide and Sookie didn't develop into a relationship. I'd make babies with that wolf guy, even if I had wolf babies in the process. The guy is walking perfection...minus his love for Debbie. But he abjured her, so he wins massive points in my book.

Debbie Pelt got EXACTLY WHAT SHE DESERVED! A shotgun is putting it mildly, and I get the sense that she won't disappear forever, or at least not in name. She's too evil to just die off....

And Eric....oh the hot Viking has a soft side. I pray that he remembers his love for Sookie eventually and she lets him back in, he'll treat her WAY better than Bill would. I appreciate that Bill cares for her and that Sookie loves him as anyone would love their first, but he doesn't deserve her.

I also loved that the books finally became more than just supes/vamps with this edition. The introduction of witches and fairies, as well as the implication that there is more than just the vampires to contend with, helps make the world that Charlaine Harris more plausible. If one thing that goes bump in the night exists, why wouldn't all the others?

Applause all around, these books are killer!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead to the World.