Jeannie and Louis Rigod's Reviews > Liver Let Die

Liver Let Die by Liz Lipperman

Oct 12, 2011

Read on October 11, 2011

This new book series is going to become a joy to look forward to. I base this observation upon my devouring the first, "Liver Let Die."

The premise is a sports journalist has moved to a small town, Ranchero, Texas as she finds herself chucked out by her love in Austin. The journalist finds herself in the only available job in town...a personal ads clerk. To her delight the editor offers her a part-time (no pay increase,) appointment as writer of "The Kitchen Kupboard." This is only for the time that the regular writer is out on sick leave, but, Jordan McAllister prays this chance will lead to a position on the sports page of the Ranchero Globe.

There is just a couple of stumbling blocks...no culinary talent what so ever, and a dead body that shows up under her home stairway. Jordan's home gets vandalized and there are attempts on her own life...but, why? No one has a clue.

Friends are the answer. Friends that cook, are ready to give their dishes exotic names, and friends that will join the hunt for the killer.

This series is fun, fast-paced, has romantic leanings, and contains yummy recipes. Jordan is going to be my new friend and now I must be patient until her next exploit. Did I mention Jordan doesn't care for red meat? That is why handbags were designed...isn't it?

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liver Let Die.

10/11/2011 page 232