Holli's Reviews > Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

Oct 11, 11

bookshelves: healing-and-wholeness, non-fiction

I love this book. A friend of mine, a chiropractor, recommended it to me about 10 years ago. Part textbook, part cookbook, when I first got it I spent days perusing it. "Listen to this," I kept shouting to my husband. It just made so much sense. This book has taken me on a wonderful journey and taught me so much. I love spending time in the kitchen where I can make things brew and bubble and ferment and rise. It brings out my "inner Ma" (as in Little House in the Big Woods!). I don't follow Sally Fallon's recommendations to the letter, but this book, based on the work of Weston Price, has provided me with a strong foundation in how to cook nourishing food for my family. Some day my kids will look back on their childhoods and know that their mother loved them because she made them take cod liver oil! Eating this way is good for people and good for the earth. I can't say enough about it. Thank you Sally Fallon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nourishing Traditions.