Liz's Reviews > Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

Nov 08, 14

bookshelves: books-i-recommend, 2010-book-list
Read from March 23 to 28, 2010

I absolutely loved this book. What a wonderful love story & such wonderful characters - Jane, Mr. Rochester. This is now my new favorite Classic, one I'm sure I'll read over and over again.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Eyre.

Quotes Liz Liked

Charlotte Brontë
“If all the world hated you and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends.”

Charlotte Brontë
“Do you think I am an automaton? — a machine without feelings? and can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! — I have as much soul as you — and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you. I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh: it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal — as we are!”

Charlotte Brontë
“I would always rather be happy than dignified.”