W.K. Lawrence's Reviews > Sacred Cows and Golden Geese: The Human Cost of Experiments on Animals

Sacred Cows and Golden Geese by C. Ray Greek

Jul 28, 13

bookshelves: animals
Read from July 24 to 27, 2013

It's great to hear the educated truth from two experienced people in the field, one a DVM and the other an MD. The Greeks report one of the biggest conspiracies out there: the failure of animal testing. It's not an enjoyable book by any means, but it's got logic, facts, and a solid argument why the U.S. needs to follow other nations that have banned the horrible use of animals in the lab. Going into this book I already knew that testing wasn't necessary because of the technology we have today and some of the many failed drug experiments on animals that led to human deaths, but I didn't know the corrupt history of how we got to where we are today. Our greatest medical discoveries have either not used animals or did not need to use them due to previous human data. Clinical observation and autopsy have always been the most valid confirmation of any experiment, and today we have computers, mathematical modeling, and in vitro research with human tissue. The Greeks do a great job in laying out the argument that animal testing is not science based, but is actually belief based.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacred Cows and Golden Geese.

07/24/2013 marked as: currently-reading